Funder: Museums & Galleries of NSW
Grant Background: Small Grants aim to meet the short-term, collection-based requirements of community museums. There are no set categories for funding, and applications for a broad range of projects will be considered.
Previous Small Grants have funded the purchase of computer cataloguing software, exhibition mannequins and display cases, oral history recording equipment and archival storage items.
Note: Small Grants in 2020 will be prioritising projects related to COVID-19 and bushfire recovery
$ Available: Up to $2 000.00
Eligibility: To apply for a Small Grant, an organisation must:
- Be incorporated (or provide the details of an auspicing body that is incorporated, such as a local council) OR provide evidence of appropriate alternative governance structures (eg. S355 Committee, Trust, Company limited by guarantee, Local government authority etc.)
- Be not-for-profit
- Be an established Aboriginal keeping place or museum (not an archive or historical society without a museum function)
- Be regularly open to the public at advertised times (ie not open by appointment only)
- Have no more than the equivalent of two full-time paid positions
- Have discussed their application with an M&G NSW team member
- Have a volunteer from the applying organisation as the contact person for the application
- Agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the grant
- Not apply for funding for an activity if they have also applied for, or received, Create NSW funding for the same activity
- Have acquitted all previously awarded Volunteer Museum grants.
Key Dates: Closes on 13 September 2020
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#heritage #nationalheritage #localhistory #volunteers #historicalsocieties #conservation