Funder: Federal – Health
Grant Background: National Shed Development Programme (the NSDP) provides direct financial assistance to:
- Assist to address the health and wellbeing of the Shed members
- Support health improvements through a focus on the social determinants of health through national activities in relation to key population groups such as men
- Deliver appropriate activities and programmes
- Improve facilities and the sustainability of Men’s Sheds across Australia.
The 12 Priority Groups for whom Men’s Sheds provide activities:
- Males not in work
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander males
- Socially disadvantaged
- Isolated males
- Males with a disability
- Males with a mental illness (e.g. Depression)
- Migrant males
- Males living in rural and remote areas
- Defence veterans
- Males suffering alcohol abuse
- Males suffering drug abuse
- Males who need support due to relationship issues
Men’s Sheds can apply for financial support across the following funding categories:
- Category 1 Health, Wellbeing, and Events
- Category 2 Shed Improvements
- Category 3 Equipment.
$ Available: Up to a maximum of $10 000.00
Eligibility: The NSDP is a competitive Men’s Shed grants programme that allows Men’s Sheds and organisations supporting a Men’s Shed within their community to apply for funds to better respond to local needs. The NSDP is open to both developing and established Men’s Sheds and also to Members and non-members of the Australian Men’s Shed Association.
Key Dates: Closes 26 July 2021.
For More Information or to Apply: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#menshealth #community #menssheds #communityprojects #healthandwellbeing #veterans