Funder: Federal – Health
Grant Background: As an initial contribution to implementing both the National Women’s Strategy and the National Men’s Strategy, the Australian Government’s health promotion grants program, will provide an opportunity for tailoring and extending national public awareness and health promotion initiatives in local and regional communities.
The objective of this grant opportunity is to support innovative approaches to trialling and evaluating local, regional, state wide or national health promotion initiatives focussing on improving health literacy, reducing risk and improving health and wellbeing within priority population groups (as identified in each Strategy). Priority will be given to initiatives that target populations to address clear unmet health and wellbeing needs.
The intended outcomes of the grant opportunity are:
- improved health literacy among priority population groups, including increased understanding of risk and opportunities for improving health; and
- increased understanding of mechanisms to improve health literacy among priority population groups, based on evaluation of projects.
$ Available: Up to $120 000.
Eligibility: To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN);
- be registered for the purposes of GST;
- be a permanent resident of Australia;
- have an account with an Australian financial institution;
and be one of the following entity types:
- a company incorporated in Australia;
- a company incorporated by guarantee;
- an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust;
- an incorporated association;
- a partnership;
- a joint (consortia) application with a lead organisation;
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Corporation registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and /or Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006.
Key Dates: closes 2 December 2019
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application. Good luck, Melanie
#nationalhealth #healthandwellbeing #education #healthresources #prevention #reducingrisk #healthliteracy