Funder: Create NSW
Grant Background: The NSW Performing Arts COVID Support Package is to provide urgent financial support to performing arts venues, producers and promoters impacted by the cancellation or postponement of performances resulting from the NSW Government COVID-19 Public Health Orders from 26 June 2021.
The package is also designed to provide certainty to performing arts venues, producers and promoters of what assistance will be available if further COVID-19 Public Health Orders result in further cancellation of performances or restrictions in audience numbers.
$ Available: There are five possible “Agreed Percentages” that Create NSW will pay in line with Public Health Orders. Specifically:
- Shutdown / unable to perform from 26th June 2021 to a maximum of 7th August 2021
- Shutdown / unable to perform for weeks if shutdown extends beyond 7th August 2021
- Performances allowed under restrictions of 1 in 4 square meter rule or 25% of total venue capacity
- Performances allowed under restrictions of 1 in 2 square meter rule or 50% of total venue capacity
- Performances allowed under restrictions of 75% of total venue capacity.
Eligibility: There is a long list of eligibility requirements, including you must be either:
- Type-A Venue: Performance venues that are owned by the NSW Government or are independently run.
- Type-B Venue: Performance venues that are owned by the Local Government or a University.
- Type-C Venue: Live music venues that primarily operate to deliver ticketed live music performances.
I recommend you read their Guidelines to see you if your venue is eligible.
Key Dates: Not stated.
For More Information or to Apply: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#performingarts #covid19impacts #artsandculture #vibrantarts #creativearts #artists #artsexcellence #artsdiversity #artsvenues #musicvenues #performancevenues #financialsupport