Funder: NSW – Chief Scientist & Engineer
Grant Background: The NSW Small Business Innovation & Research (SBIR) program is an initiative of the NSW Government that provides competitive grants to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to find and commercialise innovative solutions to well-defined problems for NSW Government agencies.
The SBIR program is designed to:
- Leverage the capacity of NSW SMEs and R&D to solve important problems for the NSW Government
- Drive jobs and industry growth and support the development of innovative products and services in NSW.
The benefits of the SBIR program for NSW SMEs include:
- grant funding to develop and commercialise a new technology or service
- Working with the NSW Government to pilot and test solutions
- Potential NSW Government contracts for successful solutions
- Retaining intellectual property rights and the right to commercialise and sell solutions in domestic and global markets.
$ Available: Up to $100 000.00.
Eligibility: To be eligible to apply for the SBIR program you must:
(a) Have an Australian Business Number
(b) Be one of the following entities:
- A small or medium-sized enterprise with under 200 full-time equivalent employees, or
- An individual or partnership, provided you agree to form a company incorporated in Australia to enter into a grant agreement, or
- A NSW public research organisation applying through its appropriate technology transfer office, provided you agree to form a company incorporated in Australia to enter into a grant agreement.
(c) Meet one of the following criteria:
- Be headquartered in NSW, or
- Conduct the majority of business research and development and production operations in NSW.
(d) Hold the Intellectual Property or the rights to commercialise the proposed solution.
(e) If successful, undertake to conduct SBIR program-related research and development work in NSW.
Key Dates: Closes 29 August 2021.
For More Information or to Apply: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#smallbusiness #businessinnovation #businessresearch #commercialisation #innovativesolutions #jobcreation #newservices #newtechnology #industryresearch