Funder: Federal – Agriculture
Grant Background: The Our Marine Parks Round 3 grant opportunity seeks to support achievement of Australian Marine Park objectives:
- a) the protection and conservation of biodiversity and other natural, cultural and heritage values of marine parks in the Australian Marine Park Network
- b) ecologically sustainable use and enjoyment of the natural resources within marine parks in the Australian Marine Park Network.
This includes projects which aim to:
- improve capacity of regional and Indigenous communities to deliver outcomes that support ongoing management and health of Australian Marine Parks.
- develop tourism operator capability to deliver environmentally and culturally appropriate, high-quality recreation and tourism experiences in or associated with Australian Marine Parks, contributing to Australia’s visitor economy.
- improve ecosystem health and understanding of marine park values and the pressures impacting on them, including, but not limited to, projects with the recreational and commercial fishing sectors and the seafood industry.
$ Available: Up to $500,000.00.
Eligibility: To be eligible you must be one of the following entity types:
- Indigenous Corporation
- Corporate State or Territory Entity
- Non-corporate State or Territory Statutory Authority
- Local Government
- Incorporated Association
- Statutory Entity
Key Dates: Closes 16 December 2021.
For More Information or to Apply: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#conservation #marineparks #naturalheritage #parkmanagement #nativespecies #naturalresources #capacitybuilding