Funder: National Recovery & Resilience Agency
Grant Background: The Preparing Australia Program will support projects that mitigate or reduce the disaster risk, impact and consequence associated with large-scale natural hazards. There is $150 million available from 2021–22 to 2024–25 for this grant opportunity.
The objectives of the Preparing Australia Program are to:
- improve the long-term resilience of Australian communities and households to natural hazards including bushfires, floods and tropical cyclones
- deliver disaster risk reduction projects that reduce hazard exposure or vulnerability and are aligned with the recommendations of the Royal Commission into National Natural Disaster Arrangements and the National Disaster Risk Reduction Framework.
$ Available: Up to $10million.
Eligibility: To be eligible you must have an Australian business number (ABN) and be one of the following entities:
- an entity incorporated in Australia
- a company limited by guarantee
- an incorporated association
- an incorporated not for profit organisation
- a non-distributive co-operative
- an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust
- a Regional Development Australia Committee
- an Australian local governing agency or body, including the Australian Capital Territory Government
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Corporation registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006
- a registered Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander land council.
Key Dates: Closes 6 January 2022.
For More Information or to Apply: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#disasterprevention #naturaldisaster #disastermanagement #floods #fires #disasterrecovery #disastermitigation #riskreduction #communityresilience #cyclones