Funder: Federal – Communications
Grant Background: The Prime Minister’s Literary Awards is an annual program which accepts books published in the previous calendar year. The Awards celebrate the contribution of Australian literature and history to the nation’s cultural and intellectual life.
The Awards play an important role in supporting a national appreciation of Australian literature. Entries are sought for books of high literary merit, and in the case of Australian history, scholarly accomplishment.
The Australian history category recognises outstanding work that contributes significantly to an understanding of Australian history.
The Awards provide acknowledgement and prizes to the authors and illustrators that have published the best works of Australian literature each year.
$ Available: Up to $80 000.00.
Eligibility: Eligible entries:
- The entry must have been first published or released between 1 January 2020 and 31 December 2020.
- Entries must have been made available for general sale, broadcast or distribution in Australia between 1 January 2020 and 31 December 2020 and be available to the general public via more than one distribution outlet.
- The entry must be published or produced in the English language.
- Books must have an International Standard Book Number (ISBN).
- Other eligibility criteria apply.
Key Dates: Entries close 26 March 2021.
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#literaryawards #creativewriting #culture #Australianauthors #bookprizes #fiction #nonfiction