Funder: NSW – Environment
Grant Background: The Protecting our Places program encourages and empowers Aboriginal communities to protect, conserve and restore landscapes and waterways important to them.
This program is designed to empower and provide opportunities for Aboriginal organisations to undertake projects that:
- contribute to ongoing sustainable management of significant Aboriginal cultural landscapes in New South Wales
- contribute to healthier environments and communities
- develop the project management capabilities of Aboriginal groups
- encourage new collaborations and positive relationships with other organisations, government and stakeholders.
$ Available: Up to $80,000.00.
Eligibility: The following NSW Aboriginal community organisations/groups can apply:
- NSW Local Aboriginal Land Councils
- NSW Aboriginal Corporations registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006
- NSW Incorporated Associations registered under Associations Incorporation Act 2009
- Non-distributing NSW Co-operatives registered under Co-operatives National Law and associated Acts
- NSW Registered Native Title Body Corporates.
Key Dates: Closes on 8 April 2022. (Apologies for the short notice)
For More Information or to Apply: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#conservation #safehaven #pestcontrol #threatenedspecies #nativefauna #habitat #landmanagement #ferals #invasivespecies #wildlife #healthyenvironments