Funder: Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal (FRRR)
Grant Background: The Strengthening Rural Communities program aims to give the thousands of small remote, rural and regional communities across Australia an opportunity to access funding to support broad community needs.
Projects funded must align with one or more of the following charitable outcomes:
- Bringing people and community organisations together to foster stronger, more resilient communities;
- Fostering and celebrating a sense of identity, diversity and cultural connection within the community;
- Improving community health and social wellbeing;
- Enabling people to develop skills, knowledge and confidence to lead and contribute to the prosperity and renewal of their community;
- Building a sustainable volunteer base and/or supporting the wellbeing of volunteers;
- Celebrating and resourcing volunteer-led efforts;
- Increasing access and inclusion for vulnerable and disadvantaged groups, including remote communities;
- Enhancing places where communities gather;
- Promoting connection to place and enabling initiatives that champion a community’s social, cultural or economic aspirations;
- Increasing capacity and capability of local community organisations to support preparedness and recovery from natural disasters;
- Enabling locally-led responses within rural, regional and remote communities endeavouring to reduce the impacts of the changing climate within their community.
$ Available: Up to $50,000.00.
Eligibility: To apply, your organisation must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant organisations must be a not-for-profit organisation with an ABN or Incorporation Certificate;
- Project must be for charitable purposes and offer clear public benefit;
- Organisations with or without DGR endorsement are eligible;
- Organisations can submit one application per grant round;
- For Bushfire Recovery Stream, applicants must be in a declared fire-affected area;
- Projects must benefit communities in remote, rural or regional Australia.
Key Dates: EOIs close 12 April 2022.
For More Information or to Apply: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#communityresilience #capacitybuilding #communityneeds #culturalvibrancy #lifelonglearning #events #socialwellbeing #bushfirerecovery #ruralandregional