Funder: Federal – Infrastructure
Grant Background: The Remote Airstrip Upgrade Program provides grants to enhance the safety and accessibility of aerodromes in remote and very remote areas of Australia. It will provide year round all weather access, particularly where road access is unavailable or unreliable. This will:
- improve the safety of aircraft, operators and passengers using remote and very remote airstrips
- facilitate improved delivery of essential goods and services such as food supplies, health care, community mail and passenger air services
- support delivery of health care services by the Royal Flying Doctor Service and similar providers
- complement air services delivery to communities subsidised under the Australian Government’s Remote Aviation Access Program through the Remote Air Services Subsidy Scheme
- meet operational requirements of the RFDS or operators providing similar aeromedical services.
$ Available: Up to $500 000.00.
To be eligible, you must:
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
- be an owner and/or operator of an existing aerodrome in an area classed as remote or very remote in Australia
You must also be one of the following:
- an entity incorporated in Australia (including incorporated trustees on behalf of a trust)
- an Australian local government agency body
- an Australian state or territory government agency or body
- a corporate Commonwealth entity
- an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Corporation
Key Dates: closes 12 November 2020.
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#airstrips #ruralandregional #runways #flight #remotetransport #rfds