Funder: Federal – Home Affairs
Grant Background: The Safer Communities Fund Round 5 Infrastructure grants provide schools and pre-schools, places of religious worship, community organisations and local councils with grants of up to $1 million for crime prevention initiatives aimed at reducing crime, violence, anti-social behaviour and/or other security risks driven by racial and/or religious intolerance.
Project activities can include:
- Infrastructure activities, such as installing:
- fixed or mobile CCTV cameras
- security lighting
- fencing and gates
- external blast walls and windows
- security and alarm systems
- public address systems
- intercoms and swipe access.
- Employing or hiring security guards, licensed by the relevant state or territory agency, for schools or preschools.
$ Available: Up to $1million.
Eligibility: To be eligible you must have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be one of the following entities:
- an incorporated not for profit organisation
- an Australian local government agency or body as defined in appendix A of the grant opportunity guidelines
- an Australian State/Territory Government education agency or body
- a registered school or pre-school that is a legal entity (with its own unique ABN) and that can enter into a grant agreement in its own right
- a legal entity applying on behalf of a registered school or pre-school.
Key Dates: Closes 10 December 2019
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application. Good luck, Melanie
#infrastructureprojects #schoolsafety #preschoolsafety #crimeprevention #violencereduction #reducingintolerance