Funder: Federal – Home Affairs
Grant Background: This round of the Safer Communities Fund gives schools and pre-schools, places of religious worship, community organisations and local councils grants of up to $500,000 for crime prevention initiatives aimed at reducing crime, violence, anti-social behaviour and/or other security risks driven by racial and/or religious intolerance.
Project activities can include the installation of security infrastructure such as:
- fixed or mobile CCTV cameras
- security lighting
- fencing and gates
- external blast walls and windows
- security and alarm systems
- public address systems
- intercoms and swipe access
- security doors.
$ Available: Up to $500 000.00
Eligibility: To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
- have not previously received a Safer Communities Fund Infrastructure or a Safer Communities Fund Northern Territory Infrastructure grant in earlier rounds, unless:
- you are a school or pre-school applying for funding for security guards only, or
- you are applying for infrastructure at a different project location/campus to your previous grant.
You must also be one of the following entities:
- an incorporated not for profit organisation
- an Australian local government agency or body
- an Australian State/Territory Government education agency or body
- a registered school or pre-school that is a legal entity (with its own unique ABN) and that can enter into a grant agreement in its own right
- a legal entity applying on behalf of a registered school or pre-school.
Key Dates: Closes 5 August 2021.
For More Information or to Apply: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#earlyintervention #crimeprevention #violencereduction #infrastructureprojects #embracingdiversity #antisocialbehaviour #communityresilience