Funder: Federal – Agriculture
Grant Background: This grant opportunity seeks to increase the area of sea in Indigenous Protected Areas (IPAs) to strengthen the conservation and protection of the marine environment, while creating employment and economic opportunities for Indigenous Australians, particularly in remote regions. This will be achieved by developing new Sea Country IPAs and/or expanding the area of sea in existing dedicated IPAs. The program builds on the success of the existing Indigenous Protected Areas Program.
The grant opportunity is part of the Sea Country IPA Program. The objectives of the program are:
- Protect, conserve and improve the condition of Australia’s marine environment and augment Australia’s National Representative System of Marine Protected Areas.
- Assist Indigenous Australians to deliver environmental, cultural, social and economic outcomes through enhancing the capacity of Traditional Owners to effectively and sustainably manage their land and sea.
- Enhance collaboration between Indigenous Australians, government and non-government stakeholders to support the conservation and sustainable management of Australia’s marine environment.
$ Available: Up to $1.3million.
Eligibility: To be eligible you must:
– be an Indigenous organisation or an Indigenous enterprise.
– have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
– have an account with an Australian financial institution and be one of the following entity types:
– an entity, incorporated in Australia
– a company incorporated in Australia under the Corporations Act 2001
– an Indigenous not-for-profit corporation, council or incorporated association
– an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust
– an incorporated association
– an incorporated co-operative
– a registered charity or not-for-profit organisation
– an Indigenous government agency or body established under Commonwealth, state or territory legislation
– an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Corporation.
Key Dates: Closes on 29 November 2021.
For More Information or to Apply: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#indigenouscountry #conservation #marineprotection #marineenvironment #seacountry #aboriginalculture #traditionalowners #sustainability #collaboration