Funder: NSW – Rural Assistance Authority
Grant Background: The NSW Government is offering low interest rate loans to assist commercial fishers and aquaculture farmers to identify and address risks to their business, improve permanent assets and infrastructure, ensure long-term productivity and sustainable use of the marine, estuarine and land-based environment.
The Seafood Innovation Fund will assist investment into four key areas:
- Preparedness – adaptability to changing seasonal conditionals or climatic events of floods or droughts.
- Environment – ensuring equipment has a minimal impact on the environment.
- Fishing and Aquaculture Farming Equipment and Assets – replacement of unsafe or inefficient assets.
- Transport & Logistics -ensuring that product reaches markets in optimum condition.
$ Available: Up to $500 00.00.
Eligibility: To be eligible for assistance you must demonstrate that:
a) You are a NSW
- aquaculture permit holder, or
- commercial fishing business owner or fishing licence holder, or
- registered fish receiver.
b) Your business operates as a sole trader, partnership, trust or private company and trades NSW seafood products; and
c) You earn more than 50% of your gross income from the seafood business/enterprise. OR
d) You are classified as a “new entrant”, meaning that you have been operating your seafood business for between 12 months to three years and more than 50% of your gross income will be derived from the business within three years of the date of the application. The applications of new entrants will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
e) Gross non-business assets do not exceed $5,000,000, excluding funds held in a registered superannuation fund and the principle place of residence.
f) The seafood business/enterprise has long-term viability and the capacity to repay the loan sought.
g) The project was not commenced prior to the application being submitted.
h) Your business is registered with the Australian Taxation Office, and have an Australian Business Number.
Key Dates: No closing date is specified.
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#aquaculture #commercialfishers #businessimprovement #businessproductivity #sustainability