Funder: Federal – Agriculture
Grant Background: The Soil Science Challenge is part of the Australian Government’s commitment to a $214.9 million National Soil Package to implement the National Soil Strategy. The National Soil Strategy sets out how Australia will value, manage and improve its soil for the next 20 years. The strategy prioritises soil health, empowers soil innovation and stewards, and strengthens soil knowledge and capability.
The competitive process is aimed at research organisations, with new projects that add to Australia’s soil health knowledge and address one of the following research priorities:
- Soil carbon dynamics
- Soil hydrology
- Soil biology and nutrients
- Soil/root interface
$ Available: Up to $5million.
Eligibility: To be eligible you must:
- be a research organisation; a company that fits one or more of the following descriptions: research and development corporation; primary industry and scientific organisation; cooperative research centre; state or territory government; corporate Commonwealth entity; university; or public or private research organisation
- have an account with an Australian financial institution.
and be one of the following entity types:
- Indigenous Corporation
- Corporate Commonwealth Entity
- Commonwealth Company
- Corporate State or Territory Entity
- Incorporated Association.
Applications from consortia are acceptable.
Key Dates: Closes on 14 February 2022.
For More Information or to Apply: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#soilscience #soilimprovement #agriculture #resilientsoils #aginnovation #healthysoils #soilinnovation #soilknowledge #soilhealth #carbondynamics