Funder: NSW – Business
Grant Background: The Stronger Country Communities Fund was established in 2017 by the NSW Government to help deliver local projects to regional communities. The objective of the fund is to provide projects that improve the lives of people who live in regional areas.
The objectives of the fund are:
- to boost the liveability of communities in regional areas by providing new or upgraded social and sporting infrastructure or community programs that have strong local support
- to provide programs and infrastructure that enhance opportunities for young people to be work ready and thrive in regional NSW.
There is a total of $100 million available in Round Three, including at least $50 million for projects that improve the lives of young people (12-24 years old). The remaining funding can be provided for other local community and sporting infrastructure, street beautification, and community programs and events. Funds will be split across regional NSW according to a funding formula based on population and the cost of construction in each Local Government Area.
$ Available: Projects must seek funding of $50,000 or more. Projects requiring grant funding of more than $1 million will only be considered where there is a financial co-contribution of at least 25 per cent of the total grant amount.
Eligibility: Eligible applicants are:
- the 93 regional NSW councils, regional Joint Organisations of councils, the Lord Howe Island Board and the Unincorporated Far West groups
- incorporated, not-for-profit organisations or other organisations that have a public purpose and carry out activities in NSW, including Local Aboriginal Land Councils. Applicants must hold an Australian Business Number (ABN), Australian Company Number (ACN) or be registered under the Associations Incorporation Act 2009.
- Applicants must have or be able and willing to purchase at least $20 million public liability insurance. The cost of public liability insurance can be included in the project budget as part of the administration costs.
Key Dates: closes 27 September 2019.
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application. Good luck, Melanie
#ruralandregional #strongercountrycommunities #community #regionalnsw #regionalgrowth #liveability #communityprogrammes