Funder: Federal – Department of Veterans’ Affairs
Grant Background: The Supporting Younger Veterans program objectives are to:
- deliver services to the younger veterans’ community that build community capacity for the future and complement services already provided by the Commonwealth
- expand on existing or well established services offered to the younger veterans’ community to new regions within Australia or in development of new services that will be offered in more than one location
- raise awareness of the important issues faced by the younger veterans’ community.
The intended outcomes of the program are to:
- support the development of well-researched and tailored services for the younger veterans’ community, with a particular focus on services supporting those at risk of experiencing poor mental health
- develop capability within the veteran community that services the unique needs of the younger veterans’ community
- fund organisations that can sustainably deliver services to the younger veterans’ community now and into the future
- increase collaboration amongst organisations to expand services and harness existing expertise for the benefit of the younger veterans’ community
- increase awareness of younger veterans’ community issues and/or services within the Australian and veteran communities, where doing so would benefit the younger veterans’ community.
$ Available: Up to $150 000.00
Eligibility: To be eligible you must be:
- an Ex-Service Organisation (ESO) that specifically provides support and services to members of the younger veterans’ community; and/or are adapting their business model to focus on this cohort
- a non-ESO (an organisation external to the ESO community) operating as a Trustee on behalf of a Trust that includes an ESO
- a non-ESO in a partnership or consortia arrangement with at least one ESO that directly provides support and services to members of the younger veterans’ community
- one of the legal entity types listed below
Eligible legal entity types
In addition to the above eligibility criteria, you must also be one of the following entity types:
- Indigenous Corporation
- Incorporated Association
- Statutory Entity
- Trustee on behalf of a Trust
Additional eligibility requirements may apply.
Key Dates: Closes 5 February 2021.
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#veterans #mentalhealth #youngvets #veteranswelfare #defence