Funder: Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal
Grant Background: The Tackling Tough Times Together grant program helps communities access the resources they need to support one another through the ongoing effects of the drought.
This program is designed to provide flexible funding to support community-based activities that both help to relieve current stressors and symptoms, and most importantly, build capacity and resilience for the future. Funds could also support activities that engage your local community in being proactive, exploring options and creating something that will stand the test of tough times.
Objectives of the programme include to:
- Reduce social isolation by facilitating strong social cohesion and connection;
- Support and engage the community in leadership development and skills training;
- Support opportunities for social and educational participation and address disadvantage caused by the drought, for children and young people;
- Reduce volunteer fatigue and build the capacity, capability and sustainability of local not-for-profit organisations to provide support to their communities, particularly where they are playing an increased role during the drought; and
- Support local economic recovery or renewal through projects that stimulate economic activity and cash-flow within communities.
$ Available: grants of up to $20,000 are now available across drought-affected communities nationally. A smaller number of grants valued at up to $60,000 and $150,000 are also available for larger-scale and multi-year projects that have a broader impact.
- Community groups and not-for-profit organisations with an ABN or Incorporation Certificate.
- The program has a strong preference to support grassroots organisations based in drought-affected regions over those delivering services to, but not based in affected regions. Projects led by local communities will be given strong preference.
- Projects must be located in and benefit a drought-affected region.
Key Dates: closes 23 July 2019
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application. Good luck, Melanie
#communityinitiative #communityproject #drought #communitygrant