Funder: Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal
Grant Background: The Tackling Tough Times Together grant program helps communities access the resources they need to support one another through the ongoing effects of the drought.
Grants are available for a broad range of grassroots, community-led initiatives that directly and clearly benefit local communities. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis and assessed quarterly.
Applications received must address at least one of the following Program Objectives:
- Reduce social isolation by facilitating strong social cohesion and connection;
- Support and engage the community in leadership development and skills training;
- Support opportunities for social and educational participation and address disadvantage caused by the drought, for children and young people;
- Reduce volunteer fatigue and build the capacity, capability and sustainability of local not-for-profit organisations to provide support to their communities, particularly where they are playing an increased role during the drought; and
- Support local economic recovery or renewal through projects that stimulate economic activity and cash-flow within communities.
$ Available: Grants of up to $150 000 are now available across drought-affected communities nationally.
Eligibility: To apply, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a not-for-profit, community-based organisation with an ABN or Incorporation Certificate;
- Project must offer clear public benefit (i.e. have a charitable purpose) for drought-affected communities across remote, rural and regional Australia and address a need in a community (see What Can be Funded above);
- Organisations with or without DGR endorsement are eligible to apply;
- Organisations can submit one application per grant round; and
- Projects must be in a remote, rural or regional area.
Key Dates: Submit your Expression of Interest by 13 April 2021.
For More Information or to Apply: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#communityinitiative #communityproject #drought #communitygrant #ruralandregional #volunteers #capacitybuilding #droughtrecovery