Funder: NSW – Education
Grant Background: The 2020 Start Strong Capital Works Grants Program aims to increase the number of 600-hour community preschool places available in areas of need and growing demand. The primary objective of this program is to achieve an increase in community preschool places through the delivery of capital works projects.
Grant-based funding allows the use of innovative approaches to improve access to quality services and increase community preschool places across the state.
Eligible services can apply for funding through this program to:
- build a new centre based community preschool
- extend an existing centre based community preschool
- renovate premises for a centre based community preschool
- purchase a motor vehicle for an existing mobile preschool
- respond to a crisis situation with a capital works project