Funder: Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal
Grant Background: In a Good Place is a national grants program that provides support for community-driven initiatives that reduce social isolation, increase social participation and connectedness, and encourage people in rural, regional and remote communities who are at risk of, or are experiencing, mental health issues to seek help.
There are three objectives for this program:
- Reduce social isolation;
- Increase social participation and connectedness;
- Increase help-seeking.
Preference will be given to projects that:
- Serve communities with populations under 10,000;
- Are run by and based in the beneficiary community/ies;
- Respond to specific population mental health and wellbeing issues within a local community;
- Are sustainable beyond the period of the grant;
- Can clearly measure and report on project outcomes.