Funder: Federal – Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Grant Background: Cultural diplomacy plays a vital role in international relations, offering unique opportunities to foster mutual understanding and build relationships. The key aim of cultural diplomacy is sustained purposeful engagement to promote Australia’s cultural and creative industries overseas; to establish networks; and support ongoing collaborations and exchange.
Cultural diplomacy shows our core values and promotes Australia as an innovative, creative, diverse and tolerant nation; and as an attractive place to live, work, study, and invest.
The objectives of the grant opportunity are to:
- support the economic and social recovery efforts of the Australian creative industry sector
- promote Australia’s economic, artistic and cultural assets to an international audience
- influence perceptions of Australia at home and aboard
- build people-to-people and/or institutional links internationally
- leverage existing partnerships and foster engagement with key stakeholders in line with DFAT’s