Funder: Federal – Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Grant Background: The National Foundation for Australia-China Relations will provide grants to develop, promote and strengthen understanding and engagement between Australia and China, including business and community stakeholders, in support of Australia’s national interests.
The objectives of the Foundation’s 2021-22 competitive grants program are:
- Promoting connections and practical cooperation
- Building understanding and exchange
- Showcasing Australian excellence
- Engaging Australia’s diverse communities
The Foundation invites applications that focus on the following key priority areas:
- Supporting Chinese international students to connect more with the broader Australian community and improve their experience of studying in Australia, and support education connections.
- Promoting engagement across Australia’s culturally and geographically diverse Chinese Australian communities to support connections that showcase Australian excellence or recognise the contributions of Chinese Australian communities to Australian society.
- Fostering constructive engagement and cooperation between Australia and China on environmental management, climate change and the transition to low emissions technologies.