Funder: Create NSW
Grant Background: The Music Now Contemporary Live Music Funding program will invest in a program of activities, events or performances that support NSW musicians to present new work and increase participation in live music events across NSW.
The Fund objectives are to:
• Encourage NSW venues to program more live music events
• Increase audience participation in live music events
• Support the presentation of original musical work by NSW musicians
• Increase paid employment opportunities for artists; and
• Increase the sustainability of the contemporary music sector
Examples of funding opportunities could include, but are not limited to:
• a series of public presentation opportunities for independent musicians.
• a series of outdoor live music events or a festival.
• a program of club nights for emerging hip hop/experimental/electronic musicians.