Funder: Federal – Health
Grant Background: This grant opportunity will use sport and physical activity projects to address inclusion issues for vulnerable and disadvantaged individuals and seeks to enhance wellbeing and instill a sense of community belonging.
Using sport and physical activity, the grant opportunity aims to contribute to the building of resilient, cohesive and harmonious communities to ensure that individuals, families and communities have the opportunity to thrive and have the capacity to respond to emerging needs and challenges.
The grant opportunity will target the following community groups to engage in sport and physical activity projects:
– newly arrived migrants and refugees;
– people with a physical or mental disability; and
– Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The intended outcomes of the grant opportunity are to:
– increase the participation of vulnerable, disadvantaged individuals and families from targeted community groups in sport and physical activity;
– increase community pride and connection within targeted community groups; and
– increase the range of flexible, community based, participation opportunities available.
Continue reading “Driving Social Inclusion through Sport and Physical Activity”