Funder: NSW – Regional Growth Fund
Grant Background: To support the social and economic recovery of our regions, the NSW Government’s $20 million Regional Events Acceleration Fund helps organisations to:
- attract new major international and domestic events to regional areas
- make existing regional events even bigger and better.
Funding will help meet the costs of attracting or retaining major events, such as premier sporting fixtures or competitions, and helps fund the operational and infrastructure improvements existing events need to increase visitation and length of stay.
The types of events eligible for funding include:
- major sporting and lifestyle events
- major food and beverage events
- major music, art and culture festivals.
Stream One: Major Event Operations and Infrastructure
Grants are available to support temporary event infrastructure and operational improvements at existing regional events to help increase visitation. Examples of the types of event infrastructure and operational improvements that are eligible for funding include:
- securing a major artist/performance to increase an event’s appeal
- additional temporary seating areas to increase capacity
- additional staging for a music festival
- establishing a pop-up camping and caravan site to support more overnight stays.
Stream Two: Major Event Attraction and Enhancement
Grants are for the attraction, delivery and retention of major international and domestic events to regional areas across regional NSW, with a focus on major sporting events providing national or international exposure.
Continue reading “Regional Event Acceleration Fund”