Funder: Federal – Industry
Grant Background: The Prime Minister’s Prizes for Science will award up to $750,000 each year for outstanding achievements in science, research-based innovation and excellence in science teaching.
The prizes are Australia’s most prestigious and highly regarded awards for outstanding achievements in scientific research, research-based innovation and excellence in Science Prizes.
The Science Prizes recognise the achievements and success of Australian scientists and innovators to both Australia and internationally.
They welcome nominations of diverse candidates and those from a different range of backgrounds and geographical regions.
There are five Science Prizes for science and innovation:
- Prime Minister’s Prize for Science
- Prime Minister’s Prize for Innovation
- Malcolm McIntosh Prize for Physical Scientist of the Year
- Frank Fenner Prize for Life Scientist of the Year
- Prize for New Innovators
$ Available: The prize amounts are up to $250 000.
Eligibility: To be eligible for a Science Prize, a nominee must:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- not be self-nominated
- not be nominated in more than one prize category. Where a nominee is nominated in more than one category, the Prizes Secretariat will ask the nominee to select a single nomination to pursue.
- meet the specific eligibility criteria for the nominated prize.
Key Dates: Closes on 12 March 2020.
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application. Good luck, Melanie
#STEM #scientists #research #stemskills #science #researchexcellence #innovation