Funder: Federal – Industry
Grant Background: The Prime Minister’s Prizes for Science are Australia’s most prestigious and highly regarded awards for outstanding achievements in:
- scientific research
- research-based innovation
- excellence in science teaching
The prizes will award up to $750,000 each year for outstanding achievements.
The Science Teaching Prizes recognise Australian science educators for excellence in science teaching. They welcome nominations of diverse candidates and those from a range of backgrounds and geographical regions.
There are 2 science teaching prizes:
- Prime Minister’s Prize for Excellence in Science Teaching in Primary Schools
- Prime Minister’s Prize for Excellence in Science Teaching in Secondary Schools
$ Available: The prize amounts are up to $50 000.00
Eligibility: To be eligible for a science teaching prize a nominee must:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- have completed their teaching achievement (that they’re being nominated for) in Australia
- not self-nominate
- be a full-time or part-time teacher at a primary or secondary school.
- be active in teaching science, mathematics or technology in the classroom at the time of their nomination.
Nominees do not need to be a member of a professional association or have received any prior award to be eligible.
Key Dates: Closes on 9 March 2021.
Link: CLICK HERE
Happy to chat if you need a hand with your application and please share this grant opportunity with anyone who may be interested. Good luck, Melanie
#STEM #scienceteachers #teachers #stemskills #science #educationexcellence #innovation